EmercoinThis is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
Emercoin (Symbol: EMC) is a cryptocurrency that is in some ways similar to Namecoin and Peercoin. It was launched in December 2013 and announced three days before launch in order to notify miners in advance. Emercoin offers distributed blockchain services for business and personal use that is easy and low cost. In addition to being used for the payment of goods and services, Emercoin provides a platform for a wealth of novel applications such as decentralized domain names and an advertising network. 
Emercoin employs both proof-of-work (PoW) mining and proof-of-stake (POS) minting and uses SHA-256 hashes. Emercoin is blockchain platform for wide range of distributed trusted services. Distinctive features - high reliability, robustness and 3-in-one hybrid mining (PoW + MergedMining + PoS). Currently, Emercoin platform already runs network security services EmerSSL/EmerSSH, decentralized domain system EmerDNS, counterfit solution EmerDPO, VOIP solution ENUMER and bundle of other services.
- December 11, 2013: first public release
- February 11, 2014: Folding@Home sponsorship project is started
- November 4, 2014: Name-Value Storage (NVS) is added; EMSDNS is built on top of NVS
- December 10, 2014: subdomains in the EMCDNS are now allowed
- November 30, 2015: Emercoin is attaсked, creating a fork of the blockchain
- December 1, 2015: the vulnerability of PPCoin protocol is fixed
- January 1, 2016: potential vulnerability is fixed
- January 4, 2016: Emercoin partners with Microsoft for BaaS (Microsoft Azure "Blockchain as a Service")
- June 29, 2016: Emercoin and Microsoft Azure released the Emercoin Blockchain Engine in the Azure Marketplace.
- August 15, 2016: Emercoin wallet 0.5.0 is released. This is first blockchain wallet with PoS, based on the bitcoin core 0.10.2.
- October 6, 2016: Emercoin wallet 0.5.1 (bugfix) is released.
- December 22, 2016: Emercoin wallet 0.5.2 is released. Based on the bitcoin core 0.10.4, the interface displays UTF-8 in the NVS fields, ENUM support.
- December 29, 2016: Emercoin wallet 0.5.2.1 (bugfix) is released.
- January 23, 2017 Emercoin placed on 9 position in the rating 2016 year of the cryptocurrencies in the Benchmark.pl, top of the Bitcoin (10 position).
- February 13, 2017: Emercoin cryptocurrency wallet 0.6.0 is released. Merged mining with the Bitcoin is implemented.
- November 26, 2017: Emercoin is placed on 139 position in the coinmarketcap-rating 2017
- January 11, 2018: The Bitfury Group and First Block Capital announced about investing in Emercoin
- January 17-19, 2018: Emercoin team took part in The North American Bitcoin Conference in Miami, the USA.
- January 23, 2018: The XTC Unicorn Fund announced it will invest in Emercoin in Davos, Switzerland.
- February 13, 2018 : The Blockchain Trust Accelerator (BTA) announced a strategic partnership with Emercoin in Washington, the USA.
- March 6, 2018: Emercoin team and Hanwha representatives held a meeting and also discussed possible collaboration in Seoul.
- March 8-14, 2018: The Bitfury and Emercoin group organized a media briefing on innovative services, infrastructures and applications for next-generation whole-block solutions in Beijing, Shanghai (China), Tokyo (Japan), Dubai (UAE)
- April 18, 2018: Emercoin team has visited Blockchain Expo Global 2018 conference in London, Great Britain
- April 19, 2018: Emercoin team has visited Global Blockchain & Smart Contracts Summit in Berlin, Germany.
- May 4, 2018: Emercoin team has visited Chainges in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- May 5-18, 2018: Emercoin team has organized the event: Media & Investors Roundtables in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- May 16, 2018: Managing director Konstiantyn Bigus and CTO Oleg Khovayko presented Emercoin blockchain platform in New York.
- April 24, 2018: Emercoin Team attended Global Blockchain & Smart Contracts Summit in Berlin, Germany
- May 1, 2018: Emercoin’s Team Presented ENUMER During OpenSIPS Summit in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- May 8, 2018: Emercoin team introduced Emercoin as a platform of blockades at the Crypto Valley conference in Zug, Switzerland.
- June 3, 2018: Emercoin Team Took Part in a panel discussion about blockchain and E-government on BlockShow Europe 2018 conference in Berlin, Germany
- June 13, 2018: Oleg Khovayko, CTO of Emercoin and Alex Petrov, CIO for Bitfury have conducted AMA (Ask Me Anything) session on Reddit
Developers propose Emercoin as a foundation for multiple possible services, rather than simply a currency:
Oleg Khovayko, Emercoin Lead Developer, said, "Key difference in Emercoin from other cryptocurrencies is that we are using blockchain not just for transfer credit values. We consider Emercoin as a technological platform for distributed, censorship–proof and scalable services. So we developed a suite of services running on top of the Emercoin blockchain that will be very useful for a lot of companies and even private persons." 
2016 year the following services are implemented:
- EMCDNS — Decentralized, uncensored domain name system, peering with OpenNIC (currently supporting the .bazar, .coin, .emc and .lib TLDs)
- Infrastructure for SSL certificates (EMCSSL) — The blockchain is used as a decentralized trust store of hash sums for client SSL-certificates
- Public Key Infrastructure (EMCSSH) — bridge between OpenSSH and the EMC blockchain, allowing for secure, decentralized management of PKI
- InfoCard — Storage for electronic business cards for use with EMCSSL
- EMCTTS — Trusted storage for digital timestamps on the blockchain
- EMCSTREAM — Micropayment library for streaming media
- Magnet — Distributed BitTorrent tracker for internet file sharing
- EmerBoard — Distributed trusted Bulletin board system
- EMCDPO — A decentralized solution for Proof of Ownership
- Advertising Link Exchanger on Emercoin (EMCLNX) — a peer-to-peer text-advertisement network based on a per-click payment model. Uses NVS as distributed storage for advertising contracts and EmerCoin credits (EMc) as the payment unit
Emercoin Feature-Rich PlatformEdit
Thanks to the innovative blockchain technology using the system, there are many opportunities that can be done with the platform other than storing and sharing money. The system has the right to store important information securely and it can become a powerful tool in the right hands.
Examples of usage, when this kind of function can be useful include the storage and transfer of important information on the identity and rights of ownership, use of the Internet without the use of passwords on web sites based on authentication and registration of domains are resistant to censorship.
These features are available around the clock and greatly enhance Emercoin's capabilities.
- EMCDNS is supported on several Tor exit nodes.
- OpenNIC DNS servers resolve Emercoin domains.
- EMCSSL is implemented in the Drupal content management system.
- EMCSSH is deploied in the Hashcoins company
- The farmer Mikhail Shlyapnikov uses Emercoin blockchain in the own business.
- January 20, 2017: The plugin "Frigate" for the browsers now support EMCDNS zones.
- Emercoin: ‘Setting the New Standard for Top Blockchains’ — Bitcoin.com, January 13, 2016
- Jacob Timp Price of EmerCoin Doubles Following Its Partnership With Microsoft — CoinTelegraph, 2016-01-09
- Emercoin Blockchain Engine Becomes First Blockchain Solution Available on Microsoft Azure Marketplace — The Cointelegraph, 2016-07-01
- Nie tylko bitcoin - kryptowaluty w 2016 roku
-  — CoinTelegraph, 2018-01-12
-  — OpenSips
-  — Emercoin.com
- First Bitcoin Capital Corp. Signs Evaluation Agreements with Emercoin International Development Group, To Develop and Market Solutions to Provide Distributed Blockchain Services For Business and Personal Use
- Alicia Naumoff. Strictly Confidential: Blockchain-based Solutions for Securing User Data — The Cointelegraph, Feb 03, 2017
- OpenNIC Wiki: PeerTLDs
- krylov. emcSSL — Drupal, July 8, 2015
- HashCoins CTO About Corporate Use of EmerCoin Services — ForkLog, Oct 27, 2016
- World’s First Village To Adopt Blockchain In Its Farming & Management
- FriGate Now Supports Emercoin Domain Zones — Forklog News, 20.01.2017