TRONThis is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
TRON is a blockchain-based, decentralized protocol project with an internal TRON (TRX) coin that aims to be a content distribution platform for the digital entertainment industry . On June 2018, TRON’s team launched of its mainnet, in other words its own proprietary blockchain, to which it migrated all the TRX (ERC-20) tokens that previously circulated on the Ethereum blockchain. This event is referred to as the TRON Independence Day.
TRON Foundation was established in September 2017 by current CEO Justin Sun. The TRON landingpage describes the aim of the protocol as the construction of a global and free entertainment content ecosystem, in which creators have the power to freely publish, store, and own their content, interacting directly with consumers thanks to the decentralized issuance, circulation, and trading of digital assets .
Tron faced criticism for plagiarism in early 2018, because their whitepaper features open source code from Filecoin and IFPS whitepapers with no citation. Justin Sun has since responded that this was just a mistake made by volunteer translators.
Tron is designed to ultimately make entertainment content both easier to sell and cheaper to consume. In theory this goal is achieved by putting the content on a blockchain and the creators and consumers in a network of peers, eliminating the middleman. 
TRON network has built a set of consensus mechanisms, which can use minimum cost to solve identification and personal credit issues in online transactions. It also uses point-to-point transactions to avoid traditional centralized settlement structure. TRON network can play the host role between users and developers, to ensure authenticity and compliance of info credit.
As explained in their website, the Tron Protocol offers "scalable, high-availability and high-throughput support that underlies all the decentralized applications in the TRON ecosystem". The network incentivizes users to build their own decentralized entertainment applications (Dapps).
- Data release: free and uncontrolled content, including characters, images, audio and video, can be uploaded, saved and distributed.
- The provision of content: digital assets to get through the delivery and distribution of content cost to stimulate the creation of environmental content.
- Personal ICO: a person can freely distribute digital assets in the form of ICO, while others can enjoy the benefits and services caused by continuous data development by buying digital assets.
- Infrastructure: with distributed digital assets will be equipped with a full set of decentralized infrastructures, including distributed exchange, offline games, prediction and game system.
Tronix TRX CoinEdit
The Tron network's native token is the Tronix (TRX). Tronix can be used by content consumers to pay for the content they want to access on the Tron network. These coins would then go to the content producers’ accounts, where they can be exchanged to other cryptocurrencies, or used to pay for blockchain services.
In February 2018, TRX was ranked 15th on the list of largest cryptocurrencies by market capitalization. (See also, Tron Surges: Ethereum Tops $1,000 As Bitcoin Price Falls.)
One can purchase Tronix – TRON on exchanges, such as Binance, OKEx, Huobi, Bittrex and etc. by exchanging them for other cryptocurrencies like ETH or BTC. Tronix (TRX) purchase with fiat currencies is not possible at present.
TRON Wallet (Tronix)Edit
TRON (TRX) Coin is a cryptocurrency, which token is based on the ERC20 Ethereum Standard. Thus, TRON is unique enough and it can be stored on most cryptocurrency wallets that support ERC20 tokens. Before start working, it is important to review all the information about storage and choose the most suitable Tron wallet. Actually, there is no official Tron wallets.
TRON (TRX) PriceEdit
The Bitcoin Wiki provides a relevant TRON (TRX) Price and market capitalization of the project:
Tron TRX Coin – RoadmapEdit
The Tron road map is divided into six stages, each with its own name.
- The outcome of the first step is considering the release of the data. At this point, the project provides users with a reliable and completely free platform that they can use to publish, store, or distribute data. It is designed to help users distribute and store data for distributed and peer-to-peer content.
- The second stage, Odysseus, is dedicated to the expansion of rights to content. At this stage, the economic mechanism will become competitive due to the environmental content, empowerment, blocking technology and economic incentives. Users will get a fair return on the content they create and distribute, encouraging them to distribute the system.
- The third stage (Great Voyage) , a personal ICO, looks at how TRON solves major problems such as dividend payments, supporter management, and income measurement. It also helps to turn into "fan Finance"from" fan economy".
- Stage four, Apollo, focuses on the free movement of Tron value, allowing each content producer in TRON to create their own tokens. To make this possible, the project must create a decentralized trading platform, which also enhances the economic viability of the system.
- Next-the fifth stage, Star Trek, monetizing traffic. If in 2014 the global gaming market will be more than $ 450 billion, the project hopes to take advantage of these figures, creating a decentralized platform of online games. With the help of TRON, the developers are free to create these online gaming platform that allows you to predict the market functions and is fully stand-alone game.
- Finally, stage 6 (Eternity) transforms traffic by offering an online gaming platform. Developers will be able to freely create their own gaming platforms through TRON. With the help of the project, they can easily manage their game, allowing regular people to invest in games that they are interested in, and talk about the future of the gaming market.
Plagiarism in whitepaper. The whitepaper for TRON appeared in English, Spanish and Russian translations in early January 2018. The document stated as foundational beliefs that the internet is not the free, descentralized territory it used to be, and that users should have a right to own and control their own data and to disclose information freely and voluntarily .
Justin Sun attributed the lack of citation to translation issues, saying "Our original version of the whitepaper is in Chinese and we have a very detailed reference to the latest Chinese version. The English, Korea, Japanese and Spanish versions are translated by the volunteers. The translation missed numerous important details not just reference" The latests Tron coin news are available on the special resources.
TRON TRX reached its highest market price at $0.30 on January 5th 2018. Tron's market cap peaked at $19.7 billion on the same date. It has fluctuated between 1.5 billion and 3.5 billion between February and April 2018.
The digital entertainment market is estimated at about 1 trillion U.S. dollars, of which most part is occupied with online games like casino. The TRON platform can be compared in terms of volumes with such a company as Ali Baba, which is a world leader in the field of Internet Commerce. Since most of the TRON investors are from China, there is no doubt that this platform will get a lot of popularity there. According to our forecasts in 2018, the cryptocurrency TRX will be able to reach a price of 10 cents per coin, so take a look at it.
On June 2018, TRON officially activated its mainnet, migrating from Ethereum blockchain, and completed coinburn of 1 billion TRX. Right after that Freewallet released first TRX wallet for mobile and added TRX to Multicurrency wallet. After mainnet launch TRON acquired BitTorrent, pioneer in distributing computing, thus expanding its ecosystem with 100M new members.
- Frisco d'Anconia, "TRON Breaks Into Top 10 Cryptocurrencies, Displaces Dash", Cointelegraph.com, 04.01.18 . Retrieved 13.04.18.
- n.d., "TRON Make Web Decentralized Again", Tron Foundation, n.d.. Retrieved 13.04.18.
- Justin Sun, "Response", Twitter.com, 07.01.18. Retrieved 13.04.18.
- Shobhit Seth, "What is Tron?", Investopedia.com, 20.02.18. Retrieved 16.04.18.
- TRON - BitScreener
- How Well is TRON (TRX) Recovering - Global Coin Report
- n.d., "TRON whitepaper", ifps.io, date_published. Retrieved date_retrieved.
- n.d., "TRON’s Whitepaper Appears to Plagiarize from Filecoin and IFPS", ccn.com, 09.01.18. Retrieved 13.04.18.